HOW TO DESIGN A MODERN LOGO FOR YOUR BRAND IN 3 STEPS
Logos are synonymous with their brands and you usually think of a logo when you think about a brand. Logos have a major role in how the customers perceive a brand. So you obviously want a your brand’s logo to be exceptional, right? Here is a 3 step process to make a modern logo design for your brand.
How to make custom logo design in 3 steps:
Understanding your brand and its identity
Before you start making that logo or hire some professional logo design services, you have to be clear about the core principle and what your brand stands for. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to have some clarity:
- Why did you start your brand, what’s the story behind it?
- What’s the thing that makes you special and different than the others?
- What are the values and beliefs of your brand?
Planning the logo design
Once you are clear on your brand’s identity, you can start planning the actual design of the logo. You can check out the competition’s logos to draw some inspiration. You need to be clear about the design aesthetic of the logo you want to have. Before you start making the logo or hire a logo maker, you need to have a few outlines for the design.
- Design type of the logo: You have to be clear about whether you need it be a contemporary logo design, typographic logo, or fun & quirky.
- Color: Colors play a major role. Different colors generate different feelings among audience. S you need to be clear about the brand identity and the audience.
- Typography: You also need to pick a font style which suits your brand’s image and your business well.
Designing the logo
Once you have come up with the plans and outlines for your logo, you can either make it yourself or get help of professional logo design services. If you’re working with a designer, it is very important to communicate your ideas properly. Here are a few tips to follow while designing the logo:
- Avoid using more than 2 fonts or 2 colors in your design
- It’s better if it works on both dark and light backgrounds
- Make sure the logo is made in vector format