Top 10 Ecommerce CMS Platforms for Your Online Business
Today smartphones and other mobile devices are in things. Nearly 70% of world population is using those devices extensively for almost all purposes including shopping online or through ecommerce apps.
Therefore, more than 65% online transactions are taking place through ecommerce payment gateways and add new dimensions to the global economy. Some surveys have indicated that shoppers are visiting brick stores and select the products to buy.
However, they purchase the products using mobile browsers after doing comparative shopping. Moreover, it may be from the other stores they have never visited before, and avoid shopping at the stores they are visiting physically at that time!
Such smart shopping habits have made ecommerce trendy and raised ecommerce adoption to a greater degree. Thus, today demands for various ecommerce store development companyare exponential. It required a thorough understanding of ecommerce platforms and based on it ecommerce aspirants have to take informed decisions regarding the selection of their projects.
Types of Ecommerce Solutions
Today web development market is flooding with various ecommerce solutions offered by different ecommerce platforms. On general perception, we can segregate ecommerce platforms into two fractions,
- The managed or hosted ecommerce platforms
- The CMS-based or self-hosted ecommerce platforms
Benefits of CMS-based Ecommerce Platforms against Hosted Ecommerce Platforms
|Managed Ecommerce Platforms||CMS-based Ecommerce Platforms|
|Since hosted ecommerce solutions are ready to use, so no coding is needed. Hence those come with lower development cost||You can expect better features and functionality thanks to extensions available|
|Hosting is shared so low maintenance cost||Open source nature allows extensive customization to address bespoke needs|
|Excellent technical support||Room for excellent user experiences and branding|
|Easy to work solutions for backend users||Personalization and sophistication are winning attributes of the platform|
When to Go for Managed Ecommerce Solutions or CMS-based Ecommerce Solutions?
We have seen a comparison between both categories of solutions with their pros and cons in a nutshell. Now a vital question remains that when to use managed ecommerce platforms and when CMS ecommerce solutions.
When to go for managed ecommerce?
- If you have total number of products below 50 for online store, managed ecommerce is an ideal choice
- Similarly, you know that you are small business and may not go to expand the online business further, just by increasing the number of products, staying on managed ecommerce is best
- If you are startup and want to start online venture with low capital, managed ecommerce platform is perfect for you
When to go for CMS-based ecommerce?
- You have a large number of products falling into multiple categories
- You want to customize the store and leverage branding
- You want to offer personalized and sophisticated user experiences by providing unique and innovative functionality
- You can afford web development with a big budget and host like dedicated hosting solutions
- You want to expand the business quickly and see fast growth
Top 10 Ecommerce CMS Solutions
Now, we hope you may have many concepts cleared in mind and looking for a suitable ecommerce solution with CMS-based platforms. We would like to extend our helping hands to make right selection by giving insights in each platform with essential details.
1 – Magento Ecommerce CMS Platforms
Magento is a feature-rich ecommerce CMS for modern, sophisticated online businesses. Today it is considering the king of ecommerce solutions available on open source platforms.
Pros of Magento:
- It is a robust platform with tons of features and functionality to meet the contemporary online business needs for diverse range of industry
- It has a huge developer community offering extensions, plugins, add-ons, and components to extend the store beyond the core without interrupting frequent updates
- It is easy to integrate with third party software, axillary services, and other platforms
- Highly SEO friendly platform to rank on top of the SERPs
Cons of Magento:
- It is not viable and feasible for small business with limited products and budget
- The server requirements are specific and demand dedicated hosting when the store grows rapidly
- Managing backend it tough for non-tech webmasters or business professionals without experiences
- Development and maintenance costs are high due to customization and complex nature of platform
Despite such drawbacks of the platform, Magento is still the first choice of the majority of ecommerce owners and startups with planning and foresight to grow in the market using the best solutions. It is very important you find custom Magento eCommerce web development Company which has large scale experience in custom module development and theme customization
2 – WooCommerce Ecommerce CMS Platforms
WooCommerce is an ecommerce plugin to the WordPress CMS solution to create robust ecommerce stores using the exceptional capabilities of the WordPress content management system.
Pros of WooCommerce:
- WordPress ruling over the web and familiarity with the core platform help power users and developers to setup store easily
- It is an idea ecommerce solution for SMBs with the small to mid-number of products
- Comparatively cheaper solutions thanks to WordPress platform
- Free and low priced extensions & themes enable developers to bring additional features and functionality during customization
- A huge community and support from the WordPress platform make life easy for the ecommerce owners or webmasters
Cons of WooCommerce:
- It is not feasible ecommerce platform for mid to large size stores with a huge product base
- Ambitious startups have to migrate from WooCommerce to Magento soon the business scale up, and migration is a pain in itself
3 – OsCommerce Ecommerce CMS Platforms
It was an old and strong player in ecommerce open source arena when proprietary platforms were ruling the web. It has kept its user base and strength as an ecommerce CMS platform by implementing required changes and extending functionality.
Pros of OsCommerce:
- It is highly affordable solutions for SMBs looking for online prospects with low investment and good support
- It has huge developer community with active forms to get positive supports
- Easy to install with easy-to-use interface
- Being an old platform, it has huge stock of extensions and plugins to extend the functionality of the online store
- Coding is easy and require some expertise in PHP so finding developers is easy and cheaper
Cons of OsCommerce:
- Ecommerce technologies and expectations of end-users are raising with the pace of time and platform is lagging behind to keep pace with it all so seems a little bit outdated
- Competition is stiff in the niche and more advanced solutions available at cheaper rate
4 – Drupal Ecommerce CMS Platforms
After WordPress, Drupal is the most used open source CMS solution for large scale requirements like developing web portals for universities and educational institutions. Therefore, leveraging its significant CMS capability by integrating Drupal eCommerce plugin UberCart is advantageous to some extents. Hire expert Drupal developer from the premium Drupal development company only and get robust solutions for your online business.
Pros of Drupal Commerce:
- If your ecommerce store wants to leverage the content marketing capability of Drupal platform, it appropriate choice for you
- Drupal supports integration of Ubercart and other ecommerce extensions to make unique ecommerce platform for some specific product niches
- Being highly SEO friendly, Drupal Commerce helps you in traffic acquisition and conversion
Cons of Drupal Commerce:
By nature, Drupal is a CMS for big web portals, so support for ecommerce is scanty in comparison to Magento and OsCommerce
5 – Zen Cart Ecommerce CMS Platforms
Zen Cart was developed and run by a group of industry experts including designers, programmers, consultants, and business owners as an offshoot of OsCommerce. Therefore, it is most valid and acceptable ecommerce platform with tools and technologies that people love.
Pros of Zen Cart:
- It is easy to install and design without demanding many technicalities
- It has built-in payment gateways, which are most accepted and common in practice
- The team offers solid supports round-the-clock and throughout the year
- It avoids complicated HTML coding required to alter the product while updating the product catalog
- It is based on PHP and supports MySQL for database management
- It has advanced template system using CSS and images
- It is highly secure platform for online business activities and transactions in particular
Cons of Zen Cart:
- It provides fewer additional modules
- The up gradation is complicated for Zen Cart shopping cart
6 – OpenCart Ecommerce CMS Platforms
Recently, OpenCart has got attentions of ecommerce community by updating the platform with contemporary features and functionality. It has defeated its ultimate rivals like OsCommerce and Zen Cart like open source ecommerce solutions by creating a big community of ecommerce developers.
Therefore, a number of online stores running with OpenCart are next to WooCommerce that indicates its popularity and adoption by the businesses.
Pros of OpenCart:
- OpenCart has easy to use backend with CMS and other ecommerce capabilities
- Due to big developer community, extensions and plugins are a lot in numbers and varieties to bring feature rich ecommerce CMS solutions
- It allows editing of CSS right from the admin backend and ease the job of developers
Cons of OpenCart:
- Non-comprehensive support documents confusing many developers
- Support for some themes during installation is questionable among the developers
7 – VirtueMart Ecommerce CMS Platforms
It is a free open source ecommerce plugin to Joomla. Joomla is an award-winning CMS for advanced and big scale projects. Therefore, if you want to leverage CMS capabilities of Joomla for your ecommerce venture, VirtueMart can enable you to do so with seamless integration.
Pros of VirtueMart:
- Being the extension of Joomla, it lets you leverage platform capabilities including CMS
- It has customizable shopper input forms and other features such as inventory warning, virtual stock processing, and so on
- It has advanced payment modules with shipping options and room for payment gateway integration of your choice
- It supports anonymous or guest checkout process
Cons of VirtueMart:
- Since it is an extension of Joomla, it is controlled by Joomla without independent identity in shopping cart niche
- Without technical know-how, designing and managing VirtueMart is daunting, so you have to hire experienced team to install, design, and customize the VirtueMart shopping cart
- Mobile compatibility is limited and comes with iVM Store application available in mobile marketplaces
8 – PrestaShop Ecommerce CMS Platforms
PrestaShop is only CMS-based ecommerce platform that gives Magento a run for its money by covering a vast client base across the globe and giving a fierce competition. There are many Top PrestaShop Development Company offering custom PrestaShop ecommerce solutions at cost effective price you may approach for your store development only a company which has good expertise in PrestaShop custom development .
Pros of PrestaShop:
- It has out-of-box features that can meet the expectations of modern ecommerce owners as well as shoppers
- Despite feature rich platform it is lightweight and flexible to customize
- You can find myriads of various themes and commercial modules in its official marketplace
- It has highly appealing and innovative user interface to lure new generation of businesses and end-users quickly
- Being an open source and easy to code, development, as well as maintenance cost, is minimum
- It has features for globalization by providing multilingual and multicurrency supports
- It has a vast PrestaShop developer community with extensive documentation, active forum, and direct official support system/team
Cons of PrestaShop:
- It has extensive modules and comes with a price, so many clients and developers avoid it due to the monetization policies
- Its scalability is limited and may not support multiple store features
- In comparison to Magento, the PrestaShop platform has poor design attributes
- It devoid of opportunities for input attributes and cross-sell products like options
9 – Ubercart Ecommerce CMS Platforms
Just like VirtueMart for Joomla, the Ubercart is attached to Drupal CMS platform and extend the ecommerce functionality of Drupal by leveraging out-of-box capabilities of Drupal.
Pros of Ubercart:
- It is simplified, stable, and proven ecommerce CMS solution
- It is easy to install, manage, and use, so SMBs love it the most. Moreover, increased user-friendliness of the shopping cart with consequent releases add more attractions
- It has highly simplified CMS for products, categories, and services, so startups and small businesses prefer it the most
- It has default configuration setting that lets store ready to run and only requires minor adjustments instead of heavy customization
- All the product attributes stored as a single product content node, and it is useful for simple products with limited variations
- It has built-in payment and shipping modules, so it makes launch process streamlined and easy and works with the limited numbers of products
- Through activity logging, shoppers can track the status of orders
Cons of Ubercart:
- It allows product modifications in limited ways, so businesses want to go deeper into the product management avoid the platform
- It not the worth investment for big scale ecommerce ventures and fast growing online businesses with planning to expand further
- Personalization and customization is limited to address the needs of modern ecommerce and audience
10 –Spree Ecommerce CMS Platforms
Spree Commerce is a new CMS-based ecommerce platform based on Ruby or ROR technologies.
Pros of Spree Commerce:
- It is highly modular platform so customization, upgrade, and configuration is easy as well as quick
- It is a lightweight software so fast and best in performance
- It has a vast extension depository to add required features and functionality quickly
- Modularity makes it flexible and scalable
- Edgy and modern businesses like Nutrisystem and 3D Robotics are using it
Cons of Spree Commerce:
- It requires mastery on Ruby, html5, and CSS 3 like programming languages
- It has limited choices for themes and integrations
- Supports from the company is scanty
We have come to know regarding top 10 ecommerce CMS platforms, which may prove useful for your next online venture project development to make the right decision. The pros and cons of platforms through lights on the limited aspects of the ecommerce CMS platforms.
Therefore, you should look for the advice of the experienced and talented eCommerce CMS developers with a portfolio in CMS ecommerce project development. Luckily, Addon Solutions have a team of ecommerce developers with a decent collection to depict the proof of their expertise and experiences.
How can you get rid of the annoying 502 bad gateway error?
How can you get rid of the annoying 502 bad gateway error?
No one can deny that we are living in the golden age of the most advanced tools which you can implement in your WordPress platform. The platform is gaining he amount of popularity which can handle you the most practical features for your business. However, some problems or technical issues related to the WordPress platform can become very hard to overcome. The 502 bad gateway errors can make you suffer from many kinds of problems which cause you the most ruptures for your blogs or online business in general. For this reason, in the next article, we are going to have a general look on how we can fix or prevent the A 502 bad gateway error problem.
What does 502 bad gateway error stand for?
Starting with the definition of the famous 502 bad gateway error problem, the error stands for the lack of responding of your hosting server when it comes to the invalid request of your page for sure. However, the problem can be caused due to many other problems which most of them are related to your hosting features. In fact, to make the process more clearly, we can say that the browser is always sending the request to your hosting server in order to get back the right answer for your adequate request. Once the right answer is found, the browser can show the outcomes for you. A status code is often sent with the response page. In the case of the response and feedback page fail, an error message is shown with the right statue code.
Main reason of such recurrent technical problems
One of the top reasons why the problems occur is when the server takes a huge amount of time to reload the adequate page for the client. The error is obviously triggered. Most of the time the error of delaying can be altered due to the pressure and the massive traffic on the server which you are working on. In addition to that, a very badly coded theme for a CMS platform can easily make the error of triggered. Besides the previous factor, you have to make sure that the server is really well configured.
In case of confronting such problems, you can easily try the troubleshooting main pillar to stay away from such productivity rupture of your website.
Reload your website
First of all, try to refresh and reload your page, like that we can make sure that the server is not really responding. You can notice if the server is not really responding due to some traffic pressure.
Empty your cache
One stuff which you have to take care about is the cache of your website. You may have the problems solved but the cache of your browser can iterate the same problem for sure. This is why, try to clear your browser from the cache files which you are having access to in order to get rid of any kind of problems which you are facing for sure.
Check your website firewall
Another alternative is to disable any kind of firewall which you are using on your website. Like that, you can simply get rid of any kind of response denying from the firewall security of your website.
In addition to the previous tips and tricks, you can also have access to the wordpress plug-in and make sure to disable all the features and start by reactivating them one by one in order to find the right plug-in which is causing your websites response failure.
Contact your wordpress server hosting company
If whole the previous tips and tricks have not solved the error then try to contact the hosting company which you are dealing with. They can ultimately handle you the best help for your problems. Often the problem can come from the bad reconfiguration of the hosting server.
What Factors Makes a Good Logo?
What Factors Makes a Good Logo?
Most companies have one and it is part and parcel of their corporate identity. A logo figuratively illustrates what a company stands for and what it does. True to the motto “A picture is worth a thousand words”, a logo should be both individual and somewhat simple in design, so that it can be easily and quickly understood and remembered as well.
In the best case, you will be immediately associated with the logo and its colors as a company. A professionally designed logo should be best created by a professional. After a preliminary talk with the logo designer, he often has first ideas about what a suitable logo can look like. As a rule, then several suggestions should be the result, which in turn can then be discussed together with the designer and adapted if necessary.
Logo Design: What should a logo contain?
A logo has three particularly important tasks:
- It is a symbol – it stands for the company with its brand and its brand values in the form of a pictorial representation.
- Recognition value – images can be captured and remembered better and faster. A logo should therefore be structured in such a way that it can be quickly and directly recognized and assigned.
- It is used for communication – everything a company wants to say should be transported and communicated via the logo.
- In order to fulfill these tasks, however, a logo design must also fulfill a few basic content requirements and contain important components.
In order to fulfill these tasks, however, the best logo design must also fulfill a few basic content requirements and contain important components.
The basic requirements for a successful logo.
A logo should, in order to continue to be usable and successful in the long term:
- Clear, understandable and
- Be distinctive
- To express the company philosophy
A unique logo is what enables us as consumers to internalize this logo as quickly as possible and recognize it later. Professional logo designers therefore do not rely on standard templates in most cases, but develop a completely new logo for the customer. There are different ways to approach the logo design here.
- About the products
- The sales areas
- Or the company name
The first conversation with the respective company often already provides an indication as to which direction it could take. First drafts and further discussions bring further clarity into the logo design and form important milestones on the way to the final logo.
Reproducibility of a logo
Since a logo will be presented later on many different but common advertising media, the company, it is important that the design is also reproducible accordingly. For example, a logo consisting of a combination of colors should not lose its meaning and reprehensibility simply because it has been printed in one color, for example.
Expression of the corporate philosophy
A professionally designed logo always includes a certain part of the corporate philosophy. It expresses essential components of the company with colors and shapes. Thus, a logo for a technical career direction will be more straightforward or edgy, as it is the case for example with a beautician.
Simple design, without much frills
In the logo design, care should be taken to ensure that the presentation is not too extensive. This way, viewers can better remember the logo, discover its meaning, and recognize it all the faster.
Distinctive: The logo for the brain!
A logo is the figurehead of a company. It should therefore be as individual and unique as possible. So it cannot be confused by mistake with other companies later. For those who create or create a logo for their company, it is particularly important to be immediately and correctly recognized. This ingredient is equally important for optimal branding.
The mix makes it
With good logo design, a good mix of well thought-out components comes together to produce an effective result.
This mixture consists of:
- The coloring
- The shaping
The message that is communicated
The effect of color
The color effect is decisive for the effect on the customer. Blue, for example, inspires confidence, red noble or as strong signal color. The matching color combination should therefore not be geared exclusively to the personal taste of the contracting company, but should also be tested in terms of impact.
The taste of the company should be considered, but not solely decisive for the final design. The colors should also harmonize well with each other, as long as there are several shades. A good instrument for color finding is therefore the color wheel that we already know during school hours.
- A few tips at the end:
- Never use more than two different fonts within a logo.
- The logo should be easy to read.
- The logo should be tried in advance in different sizes.
- Use vectors to make your logo scalable
- Vary with different background colors to make your logo most usable on different surfaces.
- Photos have no place in your logo – and they’re not scalable.
- In logo design you should rather follow any current trend, but find their own way.
- Your logo should also be available in black and white – z. E.g. for press reports.
- Have others look at your logo and get their opinion on what they associate with your logo.
A little test of uniqueness – just turn your logo and turn it upside down – this helps to see how unique your design is in the end.
The free logo design tool can give you an expert idea to design an appealing logo in no time. Your logo must portray a perfect picture of your company. You can seek assistance from some of the best online logo makers that facilitate its users with a huge range of features and icons.
Author BIO: I’m currently working as Content Manager with Web World Experts. I have a great passion for digital marketing and I help small and medium-sized businesses improve their online presence and grow their revenue by formulating effective digital marketing strategies for them. Apart from Digital Marketing, I have the keen interest in Web Design, web development outsource, Graphic Design, Web Application Development technology, etc.
Digital Marketing4 weeks ago
13 Seo Changes for Healthier Website Traffic Results
SEO4 weeks ago
Heres’s Why Network Discovery Tools Are So Important In 2019
Business4 weeks ago
Top 7 Ways To Increase Your Website Domain Authority
Digital Marketing4 weeks ago
Top five Reasons why you need a Digital Marketing Strategy